Sunday, July 12, 2009

Traveler's Inspiration Challenge #2



Here's my card for Travelingmama's 2nd Traveler's Inspiration Challenge. I was drawn to the blue blue sky and of course the pueblo! I thought this sandcastle image would tie in nicely, and the blue background reminded me of both the sky and sea. If you look closely at the picture you will see small horizontal rows of dots. I'm not sure if those are windows, air/drainage vents?? Whatever they are, they inspired the paper pierced border around the image. And finally, I thought this sentiment tied in nicely with both the picture and the image. If you read Chavez's description of the photo on Travelingmama's blog she says that it was actually really cold when they were there!

Simple card, but fun! Thanks for stopping by. Hope you have a warm, sun-filled day :0)

Recipe:
Stamps:Inkadinkado
Ink: Memento, Copics
Paper: SU!
Accessories: Paper piercer, CB & Nestabilities, button, twine

14 comments:

  1. Love your blog! Glad I came for a visit and will follow along....hope you can stop by, say hello and follow along as well....from Rockford, by the way!
    Julie
    juliesopenwindow

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beauty job with the copics, such a lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling card! I just love the sentiment you used with it!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a cute card, and I love the sentiment!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh Randee, what an awesome card! I love the sand castle, you colored it perfectly! What a cute sentiment! Fun!

    Clouds :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful coloring...someone is loving her copics! Great sentiment as well. As, always I am blown away...not to mention jealous of your never ending stash of stamps.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute! I love the sand castle!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH MY GOSH...Is this EVER cool! What a nifty challenge to participate in (I've gotta do a better job playing along with challenges... where do we find the time?!?? This is an absolutely LOVELY card...what a GREAT sentiment to pair with that sandcastle, and great job with the paper piercing and how it repeats the "ventilation dots" in the castle!

    ReplyDelete
  9. SO cute - I just saw a sandcastle stamp the other day and just wanted to grab it!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. great take on the inspiration piece, and fab coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a sweet card Randee, and perfect for the challenge!

    Sam.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so cute, love the sand castle Randee!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really like your castle card....and I also wanted to say welcome to the Sketch Girl's Team...I look forward to getting to know you and seeing your creations...

    Harriet

    ReplyDelete
  14. Too cute! I love your card and what a great sentiment too! Thank you so much for playing along with us!
    Hugs from Morocco!

    ReplyDelete