Saturday, July 25, 2009

Spooky Cuttlebug Challenge!

Hey there! It's been a lazy end of the week since the boys have been gone! No running every night to one activity or the other, making sure everyone is fed, referee-ing fights . . . I miss ' em terribly, but I'm enjoying it :0)

SO!! I got a chance to have some fun stamping. When I saw the Cuttlebug Challenge Blogs Wednesday post I was very excited to play along. Any altered item (preferebly out of your recycle bin), just not a card! Hmm . . . what to do, what to do. I wanted to do something for Halloween (cause I REALLY wanted to use the Spider Web embossing folder). I decided to make a treat container out of and empty can that used to hold pineapple chunks. Its a little bit larger than the normal size - it's 20 oz. Here's how it turned out . . .



Pretty cute huh? I made a corresponding gift card that can be tied to the handle. Here's a close up of the card.


Aren't these stamps adorable?! They are both images from Anna Wights Spooky Expressions set for Whipper Snapper. You've got to check them out - Hocus Pocus is another fav, and her newest Halloween set is on my wish list too :0) I was originally planning on embossing black cardstock, but I decided to go for a vintage feel to coordinate with the Crafty Secrets vintage halloween images I used around the card. So, I embossed on white and distressed around the edges with Ranger distress ink in sepia. I matted the white on black cardstock I had originally started out with, so when you open the gift card, the reverse web design still shows - pretty cool!

I used 3 images from the Crafty Secrets Vintage cuts sheet around the can. They are all so adorable :0) I matted each one on a coordinating piece of colored cardstock and then on black. Hard to tell, but I faux stitched around each image as well. And one last added note. A 4 1/4 X 11 strip of card stock is perfect to fit around this can. And even better, you can easily stick the embossing folder on each end of the cardstock to get the image easily all the way around!!

I used my Crop-o-dile to punch two holes on either side (works like a charm and so effortless). Then used some rusty wire to create the handle. For a little added touch I tied this gorgeous black and tan striped ribbon around the handle and added a cute little skeleton jingle bell - I even rubbed a little sepia ink on him to age him a little bit more :0)

There are lots of details on this one, but in the end, my favorite part is the web background. I LOVE how the distressing ink emphasizes it so much more. This is definitely a fav!!
Thanks for stopping by, hope you have a very relaxing weekend!


Recipe
:
Stamps: Spooky Expressions - Whipper Snapper (AnnaWight)
Ink: Ranger Distress ink - sepia, Black Stazon
Paper: SU naturals white, black, Bazzil, Crafty Secrets Halloween Time Vintage Cuts
Accessories: Cuttlebug, Spider Web embossing folder, Ribbon - (Heidi :0), buttons - ??, SU! scallop border punch, Martha Stewart border punch, rusty wire, skeleton jingle bell (Michaels)

12 comments:

  1. Oh, I LOVE this! So fun, so fabulous! I love the way you inked the spiderwebs and the vintage images are gorgeous! Hmmm, I think I might recognize that ribbon too! :-)

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Wow! Wow! Can't believe that was once a pineapple can! I LOVE those vintage Halloween pics, and that Cuttlebug spider web folder, I must get all of those!! That little skull on the ribbon puts it right over the top too! Fantastic projects!

    Thanks for playing along!
    Angie Tieman
    http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your spooky project!! Well done girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is terrific!! thanks for playing at CBC and good luck!
    http://www.cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh `Wow` these are `delicious..Love the spiders web!!!:)
    `Thanks` for joinning in with the Cuttlebug Challenges
    Terrie
    http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh how gorgeous. I think I really need that folder now too. Wonderful projects

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fantastic! Love that you used white for the embossing - I have that folder and always gravitate to black with a swipe of white. Thanks for opening my eyes to a new idea ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am a Halloween freak! I love all your stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  9. you should send the kids to your MILs more often! I am so borrowing that halloween set!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG...this is so stinkin' cute! I love that embossing folder.

    ReplyDelete
  11. these are soooo stinkin' cool i'm loving them!! I have that embossing folder, now i know what to do with it~lol. thanks for the inspiration!!
    hugs,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete