Thursday, July 16, 2009

The New Sketch Girl Blog!!


Hey there!! I wanted to share with you a cute card (of course) and some cool news! First of all, Leigh Ann Baird (AKA stampingwithannieb) is starting up a new sketch challenge blog! This very first numero uno sketch went up yesterday. You can read all the details on Leigh Ann's Blog. And for the second cool news . . .(drum roll here please) . . . she's letting me be a designer (insert clap clap woot woot)!! I was soo excited I HAD to squeeze some late night stamping in so I would be able to show you my card today. Here's my take on the sketch. . .


I used the new Soft Suede cardstock from SU! I wasn't too sure about the color when I first saw it, but it's growing on me :0) The image from Hero Arts, however, I fell in love with immediately! It's so cute, so fun, and has so many possibilities. The pp is from Cosmo Cricket's Lil' Man series. I just can't seem to get enough of it lately!! Maybe it's because it's still sitting on my table and it's the first thing I grab "wink wink", or maybe because it's just super duper uberlicious!! Anywhoo . . . I thought the card turned out simpler than what I've been doing lately - not so many layers - and only 3 pop dots!!, but I still think it's pretty darn cute :0)

So why not play along!! Sign up to be a follower on the Sketch Girl Blog so you don't miss any of the upcoming challenges. If you upload to a forum use SG1. Here's a list of all of the Sketch Girls . . . give them a looksee and lets get this thing going . . .


Alyssa: www.critterlyss.blogspot.com
Harriet: www.alittlethisandalotofthat.blogspot.com
Sara: www.luminousinmychaoticdreamslife.blogspot.com
Eve: www.thisisbliss838.blogspot.com
Annie: www.stampingwithannieb.blogspot.com
Tiffany: www.paperandstamps.blogspot.com
Jennie: www.stampawaytheday.blogspot.com
Chris: www.chriscorner-23.blogspot.com
Katie: www.leftsidecrafts.blogspot.com
Randee: www.mystampingground.blogspot.com
Bonnie: www.aboutascountryasonecanget.blogspot.com
Jessica: www.basicjess.blogspot.com
Julie: www.lastminutecrafter.blogspot.com

Have a super "Tweet" day and thanks for stopping by!!

Recipe:
Stamps: Hero Arts
Paper: SU!, Cosmo Cricket Li' Man
Ink: Staz On, Copics
Accessories: Paper Studio buttons, twine, Little Leaves Sizzlits, CB, puffy heart sticker

11 comments:

  1. I love this! I want that little leafy branch thingy! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the card and like Annie, I like that branch thingy also. Adds character to an already great card. I haven't posted my card yet...I need to get busy. I am excited also to be on the DT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love your card. The cut out birds are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is so cute Randee, love the birds, and congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! CONGRATS!!! You are such a creative and wonderful lady. Way to go!!!

    Oh, and superduperawesome card, as usual ; )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very fun! I'm a total sketch junkie, so I'm headed to check it out now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW- this one took my breath away! LOVE your style!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is GREAT - Wow can't wait for the 30th and can see what everyone makes....Glad you stayed up late and glad to have you with us....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card! I love the colors and anything striped :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Woot, woot! Big congrats!!

    Oh my word!! I totally love this! Those little birds are stinkin' CUTE! And I LOVE the colors!

    BTW your hazmat suit comment the other day totally had me ROTFL ing! So true! Spare toilet seats hmm, I should look into that!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great job - love the muted colors on the card and those cute birds really pop! Congrats, too on your fabulous news!

    ReplyDelete