Saturday, July 4, 2009

Moroccan Gecko






I created this card for Travelingmama's first Traveler's Inspiration Challenge. She's living in Morocco and came up with the idea to start an inspiration challenge based on everyone's travel photos :0) I think it's a fantabulous idea. You can even submit your own travel photos to her and they may be used for future inspiration challenges. You gotta check out her blog, she has some beautiful photos and great videos about what life is like raising a family in a foreign country.

So now, on to the challenge :0) I used the rich vibrant jewel tone colors in the inspiration picture to come up with this razzley dazzley gecko. I tried to make it a little girly (considering they are slippers) by adding some bling to my geckos eyes and the spots on his back. I even used my Sakkura stardust glitter pen to draw around the rhinestones on his back and outline the sentiment on the inside. I used alot of scraps on this card so instead of pulling out another sheet of cardstock I just decided to use my 1/4 sheets I already had laying around and created a swing card. My paper piercing was all freehand - no circle template so it's a little off, but then again it's handmade :0)

Thanks for stopping by - hope your day is filled with colorful fireworks and shimmery sparklers!!

Recipe:Stamps: Inkadinkado
Ink: Memento Black, Copics
Paper: We R Memory Keepers, Su!
Accessories: Sakura stardust glitter pen, Mark Richards bling, paper piercer, CB and Nestabilities, Basic Basic ribbon

13 comments:

  1. This card is STUNNING! I absolutely love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the colors, and this picture is so colorful. Happy 4th to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for your kind words! They really do mean the world to me! I am so glad you played along! Your card is adorable! I love that little guy! Don't these guys change colors to blend into their surroundings? Think of the fabulous places he has been!
    Hugs from Morocco!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is one funky gecko! I love his bling eyes! Love the swing style of the card too! GREAT job with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Waaaaaaaayyyyyyy groovy card Randee. I fancy I can even see that little gecko jiving around on your card.

    Sam.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute!!! Great take on the inspiration piece, love your colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your gecko really pops - love the way you have dazzled her up! Such a fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! You got some awesome inspiration from the slippers pic! I love your cheery lizard :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those colors are just gorgeous! Love the swing style opening too, fab card!

    Hope you had a happy Fourth!
    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute! I love the gecko image!! it is too cute! I love your Raspberry Suite card too... very pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great colors and I love how your card swings out!

    ReplyDelete