Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Hey Batter Batter!



My oldest son just finished his baseball season for this year last night. It's always a bitter sweet ending. The boys (and parents) who barely know each other come together for just a few months and form this bond with a common goal. The parents cheer them on from the sides and struggle with the highs and lows together and then it's all over . Each family goes their separate way, some to never meet again. I always admire the parents that volunteer their own personal time to help these boys succeed. They are mentors and teachers and truly giving.

I made this card for one of the coaches. I used this weeks 2Sketches4You layout. All of the
papers are from Cosmo Crickets "Lil Man" line. SOOO CUUTE!! The papers, images, stickers and border sayings in this pack are all awesome and have a slight vintage feel. You gotta check them out. I used an embossing punch at the bottom by Martha Stewart. I liked it better than the scallop punch. It reminded me of the shape of home plate :0). The button and chipboard tag were from my stash. I added the rub-on sentiment from SU!

Thanks for stopping by and hope you have a great day!

Recipe:
Stamps: None
Ink: None
Paper: Cosmo Cricket Lil Man, Su!
Accessories: Twill ribbon- Basic Basic, Button - Paper Studio, Chipboard tag-? ,
Martha Stewart border punch, SU! Rub-on

10 comments:

  1. LOVE this card Randee! Adorable and yet totally guy appropriate! I think I need some of those papers!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this card...I love how you layered the card and the top layer is larger than the base. I love the color scheme!

    ReplyDelete
  3. couldn;t love this more! fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my, so cute! I love it! I haven't broken into my Lil' Man CC PP! but what a nice take on the sketch challenge!

    Clouds :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum!!! What a superb card
    Thank you for playing along with us

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooohhh I love this! Great work:)
    Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
    Laura & Kazan

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fantabulous!! So thoughtful of you for the coach!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the retro feel of this, and that diamond punch IS perfect...you're right, it kinda has a "baseball-y" feel to it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE LOVE this card! Awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love a great masculine card, and yours is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete