Saturday, January 30, 2010

SG11 Makes Up for the Weekend!!

It seems lately that I need a deadline to get anything done! Or, to quote one of my favorite sayings . . ."If it wasn't for the last minute I wouldn't get ANYTHING done!"

So it goes with the latest Sketch Girl and PMS Makeup for the weekend challenge. I was able to combine the two challenges (procrastination and multi-tasking at it's finest) to come up with this . . . It's a little late, but here it is;

The sketch . . .



The inspiration pic . . .



The card . . .



I love the blue against the white and black in the inspiration pic - such a pretty color combo. I'm not sure if I'm 100% satisfied with the hearts "wings". I might have to fiddle with that a little bit. But overall, I'm O.K. with how it turned out. We have a wedding coming up in a couple of months and I thought this would make a nice wedding or V-day card.

Come play with me!

Check out the PMS Makeup for the Weekend challenge and the SKetch Girl Challenge and post your creation on the sketch girl blog!

You can also head on over to the other sketch girl's blogs for more sketch inspiration!
Annie
Randee
Tiffany
Alyssa
Harriet
Bonnie
Amber
Jennie
JessicaSara
Julie
and guest designer Laurel

Perfect Presentations is again sponsoring this week's contest. I love the templates from this company. They make awesome presents! Go grab a few....four new templates were posted today!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend. May it be deadline, and procrastination free :0)

Toodles my friends!!

9 comments:

  1. I too love the color combo! Did you stamp the panels too - looks so elegant. I am not even sure if the heart needs the wings, but I tend to either over simplify or over do, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok, this is so cool!! Love the blue and black!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! I love heart's wings and the blue/black combo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely! The colors are AMAZING! Love the soft blues! What a perfect and true sentiment! And I wish that was my bedroom, how beautiful!
    Hugs
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  5. The heart with wings is so cool! The colors are gorgeous! Better late than never is what I say!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love how you used the flower, great card :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a gorgeous take on the challenge. Lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oooh, I love this! I love the way that you designed the heart! smiles...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!! This is gorgeous!! So clean and I love that bling!

    ReplyDelete