Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year


Happy New Year!! I'm sure most people will still be sleeping off the nights festivities when this post goes live - including me! ;0) . I created this card for the Paper Makeup Stamps "Makeup for the Weekend Challenge 10".

The challenge is to use blue and silver in honor of the New Year celebration.I had the idea to create a fun and festive party hat card. My youngest sons 6th birthday is tomorrow - my baby is getting so big :0(, so I had birthday card on the mind as well.

I decided to use Dreck from PMS as the focal point because when I looked at him he reminded me of John Travolta gettinghis groove on in the movie Saturday Night Fever! I kknow I'm probably really dating myself :0). I also kept thinking of the phrase "party monster". However, it wasn't until I almost finished the card that I realized the phrase is "party animal", not party monster!! Oh well, do monsters qualify as animals (hee hee) ??

I used a leftover bow from my Christmas wrapping stash for the top of the hat. Dreck is actually cutout and popped up on a coiled silver pipe cleaner - he really sticks out! And I used glitterly silver sticker letters to spell out Par-tay!

If you are interested in playing along, just link up your card to the PMS blog so we can all see!

Thanks for stopping by, looking forward to blogging and hopping with all of you throughout the new year. I hope 2010 holds nothing but the best of health and happiness for all!!

16 comments:

  1. Awesome Card, I love it.Juanita

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I saw it in our gallery and loved the sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's adorable. I like Party Monster. Has a grrrreat ring to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous! Definitely makes you want to party! smiles....

    ReplyDelete
  5. delightfully fun and happy bday to ds!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So darn cute! Happy New Year and Happy Birthday to your little guy! They do grow up so fast! My baby will be 6 too but in 3 months! :O

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an awesome project! So creative and fun! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my heavens, this is toooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so fun girl! I love that monster!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just adorable I love it!!! Especially the sentiment. It's perfect for the monster and theme.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Randee, hope you had a safe X-Mas and a Happy New Year! Love this card it's so fun, love all the shiny stuff on top!!

    Hugs,
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh m'gosh!! Waaaay cute!

    Hope you are having a fabulous New Year!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete