Wednesday, January 13, 2010

PMS Wordart Sneak Peak

Hi Everyone! I'm back with another sneak peak from Paper Makeup Stamps January release!



This card showcases "Ally" the cute little fairy with her equally adorable dolly fairy friend :0) I must admit I was not a real girly girl. I don't think I ever had my own tea set :0( I did play with Barbies and remember my favorite Rub-a-Dub dolly (whose hair turned into a brillo pad after the first time in the tub), but my mom has tapes of me asking Santa for a dump truck and a garbage truck !! Maybe it was divine intervention that I had 3 boys :0)

Anyhoo, back to the card! I was having a hard time trying to design this card. Usually when I'm having trouble - and even when I'm not, my favorite way to get my mojo flowing is by visiting all of my favorite bloggers to see what they're up to and gain inspiration.

So, when I hopped over to Pickled Paper Designs and saw THIS card by the super uber talented Amy Sheffer, I knew I wanted to try a similar layout, and Ally was the perfect one to try it with. The sentiment, which fits in with many of the images being released this month, is a word art single and I LOVE it! It was a little too big to fit inside the scalloped fancy tag die I had, so I just mounted it on top - just as cute IMO! Be sure to check out the other releases today over at the PMS BLOG and check back tomorrow for the Release Day Blog Hop!!

Have a great day!

16 comments:

  1. Love the coloring on this one! So bright and fun. Hope things are going well over the pond.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you created a gorgeous card. Love all those scalloped layers! smiles...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this- I'm enjoying the vibrant color scheme and your background panels. Makes me want to try that one, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Randee, that's so beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card makes me want to squeal!!! i love the colors and the strips of dp behind the image :) FAB CARD

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this!! such bright happy colors! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this new image and that sentiment is fabulous with it!! Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the scalloped strips and your spot on color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfect for any little girl or "big girl" tea party celebrant. Outstanding color choices!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've done a wonderful job! I was never a girly-girl. Yeah, probably a good thing I have a boy (even if I did want a girl at first, shhhhh.) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so sweet Randee! Love it!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, I love both the fairy and word art!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the background you created here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was not a girly girl either! The only dolls I had were a couple of cabbage patch kids... no barbies for me!! :) Your card is adorable... love it!

    ReplyDelete