This was my submission for Week 6 of the My Favorite Things Idol Judges Challenge. The theme this week was to make a one layer wonder card - yep that's right! No layers and only MFT stamps.
I decided to case one of my favorite stamping artists, Amy Sheffer. She makes the most beautiful cards with LOTS of layers and details. You can view the awesome original here.
So, to try to create this same layout with NO layers I first cut all of the pieces I would need and saved the "scraps" as well to.
1. Lay the square background piece over the card base and sponge the red border.
2. Place a mask for the "DP" and Scallop circle and sponge the yellow layer.
3. Place a mask of the negative of the scallop circle and the circle center and sponge the red scallop border.
4. Place the scallop mask and a border mask down and stamp the "DP".
5. Stamp image and draw in sidewalk.
6. Color images in, stamp sentiment.
7. Sew around edge of card.
8. Using exacto knife, cut along scalloped edge and insert ribbon.
This was fun, but took lots of "pre-thinking" :0) Thanks for looking!
Stamps: MFT - Let's Go For a Walk
Ink: Staz On Black, SU! Riding Hood Red, Marigold Morning, Bashful Blue, Prisma Colored Pencils and Gamsol
Accessories: Michaels Ribbon- Go With the Grain, Sewing machine