Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Caardvarks Sketch Challenge

Here is my submission for the Caardvarks sketch challenge. I tried to keep it simple, which is hard for me to do. My mind kept saying "Add some scallops, paper piercing, distress the edges, ink the edges". I settled for a few brads and called it quits. I was frustrated that the black border was so much larger than the borders around the rest of the card. This is what happens when you don't have the small size dies. Sometimes the 1/4 inch border is too large a gap. But the more I look at it the more I like it. It definitely draws your attention to the butterfly :0)
Recipe:
Stamps: SU!
Paper: SU!
Accessories: Brads-SU!, Ribbon - Michaels

6 comments:

  1. I like the larger border. Draws your attention to a focal point! Great Job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really beautiful! I love the soft muted tones and that butterfly image and quote are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the quote and that gorgeous butterfly and the touches of black make everything *POP* so dramatically! (COOL!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that big beautiful butterfly ... great sketch card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Love the colors and the textured look to the papers!

    ReplyDelete