Wednesday, June 3, 2009

PMS Challenge - Spring Snails!



The Monday challenge over at the PMS blog was to create a pop up card using the spring technique! I'd never seen or even heard of it before so I was intrigued to try it out. But like always I never follow directions - and I wonder where my kids get it from :0) I used the same technique of making the "springs", I just made them smaller and used one per snail.

Having 3 boys I'm not really into cutsey - girlie stuff, but when I saw this fairy image with the little snail and the coordinating big snail AND the matching sentiment - well heck - it was in my basket in an instant :0) I used a little envelope stamp I had from a Studio G $1 set to stamp on the snails back. I used my Sakura Stardust pen (LOVE IT) on the snails shell, on the fairy's wings and to mark the little trail the snail left behind :0)

PMS will be having their biggest release EVER this month! Lots more monsters and dinos and fairies - Oh My! You'll want to check them out for sure!

Hope you have a great day, and thanks for stopping by!

Recipe:
Stamps: Paper Makeup Stamps, Studio G
Paper: Paper Studio, SU!
Ink: Memento black, copics
Accessories: Sakura stardust glitter pen, Offray Ribbon, tracing wheel

3 comments:

  1. Fantastic coloring job with those copics!!! Love the snails, they are too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is sooo cute! The images are too fun and I love the pop up spring idea!

    I have three boys too, but it seems to have the opposite effect on my crafting. My cards are the only place I get to BE girly! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. holy mole patole!
    Your coloring is so completely ROCK STAR, and this card. Dude. Do you need my address?

    ReplyDelete