Monday, February 22, 2010

My Secret Admirer

Good thing come to those who wait . . .And I've got proof!

Some of the PMS design team members decided to do a little secret admirer exchange for V-day. We were asked to answer a few questions about ourselves (favorite colors, candies, hobbies, etc. ) Then each person received a secret admirer and their "rap" sheet. The week of V-day we were to send our secret admirer a package that included 2 cards, 2 handmade items, and some other small goodies.

Lucky me! Look what I received in the mail from my secret admirer - the super sweet and amazingly talented - Christi Thorsen;


Aren't these cards gorgeous? I've always admired Christi's work. Everything she posts on her blog is beautiful, but to see it IRL is truly awesome. See that "Love you" card? The dress, her collar and even that itsy bitsy heart she's blowing is paper pieced!! Gorgeous!! And the Penelope card opens in the most clever way to reveal a super sweet birthday message. NOPE, these cards aren't going anywhere!

If you think those are amazing, check out what was also in the box;


Isn't this matching card and mini milk carton just the cutest? And that carton is (I mean WAS) filled with yummy chocolate hearts in the same color combo! This little combo is soo awesome it was even selected as the Verve project parade winner. You can read more about that on Christi's blog. I loved it when she posted it on her blog, but when I opened my package and saw it in there my jaw dropped and I did a little happy dance!! It made me feel so special to know that she made this with me in mind :0)

But wait, there's more!!

Look at all these fun goodies that were also included!!

  • We're talking REAL big glittery chipboard letters
  • Butterfly bling
  • Sticky half pearls (LOVE these)
  • 2 pkgs of Rhinestones (in my fav colors)
  • Stamping Bella buttons (these look so fun)
  • A little pink pot of shimmerz (can't wait to play with this)
  • Pretty pink binder clips (to stay stylishly organized)
  • Very pretty "love" sentiment stickers

And finally (as if that wasn't enough already), She gifted me 3 COPIC markers of my choice!! I just need to pick out the colors and they'll be sent along :0)

HOW FUN IS THAT!! I love surprises, and this was just soo much fun both giving and receiving. My secret admiree was Dawn Barrett. You can read about my gift to her HERE.

Thanks again Christi- you definitely are the sweetest - with a cherry on top!

I hope the rest of your day is filled with sweet surprises too!

2 comments:

  1. What a fun package to receive! I just love Christi's work. And yours too! I've already commented on the fabulous stuff you sent Dawn. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww!! You are SO sweet!! I am so glad that you liked everything. I can't wait to see you use those goodies and those Copics!!

    ReplyDelete