Saturday, October 17, 2009

2S4U is Just Rite!

Happy Saturday everyone! I have been drooling over this weeks 2S4U sketch challenge all week and was determined to get this in by tonight's deadline. Why? Well first of all I LOVE Kazan's sketch. I had this idea in my head as soon as I saw the layout. And second, the challenge prize up for grabs is a $100 gift certificate to Just Rite Stamps!!! I've been seeing soo many gorgeous cards done with these stamps lately and they just look so versatile and fun that I NEED to try them :0) So why not try to get them for free!



I made the little center pumpkin by folding punched scalloped circles in half and gluing them together to give the 3-D effect. The little stem and leaf was ripped off some of my fake fall foliage I had laying around :0). The chipboard circle actually started out as black and white. I used a sponge and Ranger distress ink to turn it brown and better coordinate with the gorgeous Coffey background papers.

I decided to tie this card in with the Moxie Fab Challenge by adding a ruffled ribbon border above and below the center panel. I used a wire ribbon and just slid the ribbon on one side to create the ruffles. The ribbon is a nice copper brown and really shimmers IRL. Finally I added some 1/2 pearls in a nice coppery brown color to tie the panel and sentiment together.



I couldn't decide which picture I liked better so I posted both. I asked my oldest and he wasn't much help :0) I like the background in the first one, but I think elements of the card stand out better in the second one. Which do you prefer?


Well
, hope the rest of your weekend is Just Right !!
Recipe:
Stamps: SU!
Paper: K&Co., SU,
Ink: Ranger Distress Ink, Staz On brown
Accessories: DCWV Chipboard, Recollections pearl stickers, Michaels Ribbon, scalloped circle punch

30 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card! I love how you created a 3-D pumpkin. I like the first picture better just because of the better lighting. I've ripped leaves and flowers off of silk flowers for cards too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhhhhhhh my...this is just PERFECT! loooooove that pumpkin!! wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you incorporated these two challenges together, what a perfect fit! Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are right, we had similar ideas :D!!! ) Your card is beautiful!!!! Just Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. stunning! I peeked through you blog and you ave so many fabulous projects here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. O girl this is amazing! I think you might have another winner.

    Speaking of I sent you your gift card today! Let me know if you don't get it in the next 48 hours! That's the time they told us you would get it. Sorry for the delay!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous Randee!! I love it! I love the ruffles and the 3D pumpkin is great!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG Randee - WOW!!!! That is one beautiful card. I love everything about it and I'm so CASE'ing that pumpkin. That first picture is absolutely perfect background for this card. The second picture is gorgeous photography too so whatever you're doing, you're doing it great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card! I love the ruffles and the 3D pumpkin element! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Randee, this is absolutely GORGEOUS!! I LOVE that dimensional pumpkin and your mix of patterns is fabulous!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  11. Randee I am totally drooling right now - everything is just stunning. The colors, the design - everything!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is absolutely gorgeous! I love how you did the pumpkin and the ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is FABULOUS!! I love all the different eye candy elements on this card. Congrats on making the fab 5 at 2s4y!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This so amazing Randee.. I love it..!!
    Congrats on making the fab 5..!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such an AMAZINg card - congratulations on making the Fab Five over at 2S4Y

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats Randee on making the fab 5!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey this is crazy!!! I just posted a card with a pumpkin just like that on it!!! I learned at CKC Arizona...where did you learn yours....so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. ok, your card had better be the winner, cuz it rocks!! i am so casing that sweet pumpkin!! >"<

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats on making the Top 5!!! This card is FANTASTIC!!! Love how you made the pumpkin!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yay for making the top 5! This is such a beautiful Fall card! Hey, I live on the southside of Chicago.....Evergreen PArk to be exact.....where are ya from?

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is such a cute card! It is so stinkin' cute. Love the pumpkin and all the detail. I am a purist and like the 2nd photo with the white background the best. The colors pop more.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is the card I thought would win, thanbks for the sweet comment you left on my blog.Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congrats on making the top 5 Randee.... awesome card!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This card is perfect in every way, just love it

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hey Randee! Thanks for entering the Moxie Fab World challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful card! All the little elements work perfectly together to make this a real stunner!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great card, Randee!!! Love the pumpkin :)

    ReplyDelete