Wednesday, April 15, 2009

April Monthly Swap

This card was created for the April monthly swap with my girlfriends at work. This months theme was to create a card using the SU! Pocket Silhouette stamp set. I tried to keep it simple because I had 15 of them to make!! I didn't have the ticket punch so I just used a small circle punch to shape the corners - worked like a charm :0).

It's hard to tell but I used both a bashful blue SU! marker and a Sakura stardust pen to go over the stems of the flower and give it some sparkle. I left the sentiment pretty generic so that the person giving the card could stamp a specific sentiment on the inside. It would make a very lovely Mother's Day, Birthday, or Thinking of You card. Thanks for looking!!

Notice that cute little banner flag/tag?! I picked up a package of 60 of these from the Martha Stewart craft section at Walmart. 60 tags in 3 assorted colors for only $1.97. I thought this was lots easier than trying to cut my little angles just perfect (which I can never do). This is going to be a Moms Day card for me. Have a GREAT Day! TFL (thanks for looking).

Recipe:
Stamp: SU! Pocket Silhouettes, Sentiment - Joanns $1 bin
Ink: Staz On black, SU! marker
Paper: SU!
Accessories: Martha Stewart banner tags, Sakura Stardust pen, Scalloped circle punch, circle punch

No comments:

Post a Comment